Following are step-by-step instructions for adding an event to the events calendar.
- Log in with your user account. If you don’t yet have an account, then click on “Create an account”.
- Go to the Events Calendar page, and scroll to the bottom.
- Click “Add an event”. Alternatively, you can mouse over the start day, and click on the “+” that appears in the upper-right corner of the day’s box.
- Enter a Subject – a short phrase that describes your event.
- Select a Category for your event. If nothing seems appropriate, then select “General”. If you have an idea for a new category, then suggest it to the site administrator via e-mail.
- Set “Access Level” to “Public”, so everyone can see the event.
- Set the start date and time and end date and time. If the event is either an all-day event, or it begins/ends at unspecified times, then check the checkbox. Leave the “12 hour” box checked if you want to enter times using the 12-hour clock (most Americans will want this). Uncheck it to enter times using the 24-hour clock (e.g. 13:00, 17:30, etc.). To enter the start date, either click on the calendar icon and select the start day, or enter the date in the text box using the YYYY-MM-DD format. Enter the start time in the text box using the HH:MM format and select “am” or “pm”. If the event ends at a specific time, then enter it the same way. Otherwise, just check the “No specific end time” box.
- Select the repeat type - “No Repeat” for this example.
- Enter a full description of the event in “Activity”.
- Enter the “Location” information.
- Enter “Contact” information – a person, phone number, e-mail address, etc.
- You can leave “Extra Info” blank. It doesn’t show up in the calendar information.
- Scroll back to the top of the window, and click the “Save” icon, located in the upper-right corner.
- A dialog box should now pop up and confirm that your event has been saved.
Last Updated (Tuesday, 19 July 2011 11:15)